C S ELLIS FINANCIAL CONTROLLER RUNS EVERY STREET IN LEICESTER!
13 February 2014 | Posted in General
Over the past 3 years Duncan Clarke has been working on a personal challenge to run down every street in Leicester, 735 miles worth!
He completed his challenge on Saturday 15th Feb with a final 21 mile run covering every street inside the city centre and finishing in ‘Every Street’ in the town hall square.
He is channeling his efforts into raising money for Leicestershire Cares. He already volunteers for 1 hour a week through the company at Edith Weston primary school on the ‘number partners’ program. The charity supports communities in Leicestershire and Rutland in partnership with businesses through various projects including:
• Supporting pupils with literacy, numeracy and employability skills
• Providing support for communities through practical group projects
• Supporting the rehabilitation of offenders
• Supporting homeless people by breaking the cycle of ‘no home, no job’
• Helping young people who have been in care on to the next steps in life
Any sponsorship money would be gratefully received. This type of fundraising is unusual for Leicestershire Cares and it is not economical to pay the ongoing fees involved in the usual charity giving websites. Sponsorship is being collected in a dedicated bank account 404758 33950468 and, if you are a UK tax payer, please can you e-mail your name address and the amount of the payment through to Duncan on email@example.com where he will collate the data confidentially and pass on to Leicestershire Cares to allow the gift aid to be reclaimed.